Food Safety and Quality Control Manager
Natures Produce has a career opportunity available for a bilingual, talented and motivated individual to join our team as a Food Safety and Quality Control Manager for their Vernon, CA facility.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years plus prior experience in Quality or Food Safety related field. This individual will be responsible for developing, maintaining and validating all food safety policies and procedures including but not limited to, Natures Produce’s internal programs. Working knowledge of HACCP development, SQF documentation, and SOP development is required.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to conduct internal and third party food safety audits with various organizations. Qualified individuals will enjoy working in our fast paced environment and have the ability to effectively communicate and work well with other.
The primary role of the Food Safety Manager is to develop, maintain and validate all food safety policies and procedures, SQF level III, Regulatory and internal programs.
- HACCP development, validation and on-going maintenance of the program to push continuous improvement
- Develop, review and update Standard Operating Procedures
- On the floor verification of all food safety programs and SQF SOP’s
- Provide support to other department managers in audit projects and corrective actions
- Monitor and support all Food Safety Program activities (environmental, micro, foreign material, pest control, etc.)
- Ensure the Organic certification program is maintained up-to-date
- Conduct Food Safety audits internally as well as with third party inspectors such as FDA, County, City, Organic, Kosher, SQF level III and customer audits
- Manage the QA Crew Leads and job structuring of the QA technicians to prioritize necessary checks and data utilization
- Maintain SQF documentation up-to-date with current version updates
- Review and report on the data within the customer complaint system on a weekly basis for SQF program validation
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs and presentations in both English and Spanish
- Various projects and research programs
- Experience in QA and Food Safety, or formal food safety training
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and detail oriented
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft applications
- Certification and strong application skills in HACCP, SQF level III, GMP’s and SSOP’s
- Quick to learn customized systems such as Infinity, Extraview and Axapta
- English speaking is required, Spanish is preferred
- Management/Supervisory experience preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.