Food Safety Programs Coordinator
NASDA grows and enhances agriculture by forging partnerships and creating consensus to achieve sound policy outcomes between state departments of agriculture, the federal government, and stakeholders.
We are currently accepting resumes for a Food Safety Programs Coordinator to join our organization in Arlington, VA.
The Food Safety Program Coordinator works as a member of the NASDA FSMA team and is responsible for supporting the Manager, Food Safety Programs in providing administrative and technical guidance in support of the NASDA Foundation’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Cooperative Agreements with the Food and Drug Administration on implementation of the Produce Safety Rule and the Animal Food PC rule.
The goal of this position is to support the mission of NASDA through successful programs, outreach and education that enhance agriculture within state departments of agriculture and for agricultural stakeholders in the states.
- Assist in the scheduling and preparing materials for work group meetings and state calls. Assist with maintaining call lists for each group.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for event venues and face to face meetings. Maintain guest lists. Coordinate travel arrangements for NASDA and other meeting participants.
- Provide follow up to email and phone call requests from state partners, FDA, and NASDA staff.
- Process reimbursements and provide financial support related to the FSMA cooperative.
- Manage and maintain documents and files.
- Assist with the review and revisions to presentation materials.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to grantee and grant partner requests for information via email or phone.
- Review written shared documents for accuracy and edit content.
- Work closely with the Director, Communications on FSMA communications content
- Work independently to successfully complete day to day tasks.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as needed and assigned.
- Minimum of one year of experience in an administrative support or communications position.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage tasks and projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels in an organization.
- Professional presentation and demeanor.
- Strong service orientation.
- Superior technical skills and ability to resolve problems.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in an agriculture related field preferred.
- Courses or equivalent experience in communications or food safety preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Power Point and Adobe.
- Experience with document sharing platforms is a plus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.