Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician
The Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician is responsible for completing microbiological and chemical analysis on all products produced, ensuring they meet specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes moisture analysis of finished crusts to ensure adherence to specifications and document calculations and findings.
- Completes microbial analysis of finished pizzas, end of shelf life finished products, and crusts.
- Completes microbial analysis of all raw material sampled during raw material inspections.
- Completes pre-op swabs and analysis weekly. Document and send deviations to the appropriate departments and maintain corrective actions received.
- Completes environmental swabbing of the facility and communicates sampling needed across shifts. Documents and sends deviations, notifies the appropriate departments and maintains corrective actions received.
- Completes compressed air sampling and performs microbial analysis. Documents and sends deviations to the appropriate departments and maintains corrective actions received.
- Completes air quality sampling and performs microbial analysis. Documents and sends deviations to the appropriate departments and maintain corrective actions received.
- Completes other microbial analysis as throughout the year (smock swabs, QA lab swabs, etc).
- Performs plating and plate reading, maintains organization of all microbial analysis documentation.
- Calibrates the pH meter and refractometer daily.
- Performs allergen swabbing for annual Allergen Validations.
- Performs microbial swabbing and completes testing for all annual Teardowns.
- Completes the Proficiency Testing twice a year.
- Submits weekly and monthly summarization of all microbial analysis to the QA Supervisor and QA manager.
- Completes Chlorine testing at various frequencies.
- Performs Lockout/Tagout as required.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Participates in sensory training and evaluation to help ensure the highest quality of our products.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
High School diploma or GED.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Must understand and be able to compute basic number functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages).
- Must have intermediate laboratory skills.
- Ability to interpret scientific data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell.The employee must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted and must frequently lift and/or move up to 300 pounds with lifting equipment or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician will report directly to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.