Quality Assurance and Compliance Engineer – Nutritional Products
The Quality Assurance and Compliance Engineer primary responsibilities are to ensure overall quality systems, food and product safety, social responsibility, and environmental sustainability programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with US and global regulations as well as customer/retailer requirements. The Quality Assurance and Compliance Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of these programs with nutritional and personal care co-manufacturing facilities and partners.
Other key functions include training of personnel on related topics (i.e., laws, regulations, standards, policies), KPI tracking and reporting. The position works closely with the Director of R&D and the VP of Product Development and Innovation. This role also plays a central role during internal and external inspections. The Quality Assurance and Compliance Engineer is also responsible for defining and implementing Milkmakers and Grass Fed product specifications and product testing needs to support both product development needs and ongoing quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure products are consistently produced to specifications to meet safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are implemented and maintained throughout manufacturing, storage/distribution operations, and that site Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are regularly monitored.
- Responsible for monitoring co-manufacturer compliance with FSMA requirements, including HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control points) and sanitation programs, as well as supplier material requirements.
- Ensure supplier and 3rd Party manufacturing compliance by ensuring all delivered materials and products meet specifications as agreed.
- Review and manage disposition of all non-conformance/deviations with food and beverage products.
- Support new product development efforts, including evaluation of co-manufacturers, creation of technical specifications and bill of material needs.
- Maintain product specification documents and update as needed.
- Lead, manage, and report investigation into consumer and customer complaints to ensure corrective and preventive actions are identified and implemented.
- Lead for product recall activities; conduct and report annual mock product recalls as required by local regulation and internal policy.
- Representative for external inspections and audits of Munchkin facilities.
- Manage product certifications (e.g., Kosher, gluten-free, organic, etc).
- Assist R&D Director with label reviews to ensure certification and regulatory compliance with applicable internal and regional regulations.
- Manage testing protocol and requirements with external labs for shelf life (i.e., label claim and actives), physical stability, micro, and ensure compliance with California proposition 65 and other customer, legal, and internal regulations and policies.
- Develop strong business relationships and work closely with co-manufacturers and key external 3rd party testing labs and other accredited testing facilities within budget requirements.
- Work with cross-functional partners, including product development, marketing, sales, operations, customer satisfaction and others.
- Formalize & maintain processes through clear & simple procedures.
- Stay current and attend training as needed on all regulatory issues, information from test labs, regulatory groups and customer specific requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in food science, engineering, or related technical field from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with Food Safety Systems (HACCP, HARPC, ISO 22000, FSSC22000, BRC, SQF or related systems) and familiarity with local agency GMP requirements (FDA, USDA)
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and adapt to a flexible and fast-paced environment
We got you covered!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, wellness, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, bonuses, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role. We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world. We offer work-life balance benefits such as paid maternity and paternity leave and Summer Half-day Friday’s! To learn more, visit us at www.munchkin.com/join.
Munchkin embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.