Quality Assurance Supervisor
Great opportunity for a permanent position at a local food manufacturer!
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of activities with employees engaged in duties primarily concerned with food sanitation programs. This position ensures that the organization follows regulatory standards ensuring food products and processes are clean and sanitary in a food processing establishment. This is a full-time, 2nd shift position (approximate hours are from 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM), exempt position located in Ankeny, IA; reports to directly to Quality Assurance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises food quality sanitation team members in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work and people; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensure CIPs (clean-in-place) processes and procedures are addressed properly for regulation standards
- Inspects equipment and facility for conformity to Food & Drug Administration (FDA) sanitation regulations and Safety/Quality/Food (SQF) standards; ensures proper record keeping in accordance with FDA regulations and SQF standards
- Directs and assists in cleaning of production equipment and areas
- Ensures compliance to plant policies and Federal and State regulations including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Confers with management and food production personnel on sanitation problems and recommends improvements
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies
- Ensures work and storage areas are organized and maintained
- Maintains continual communication with other team members including the immediate supervisor, quality control, maintenance, production scheduling, warehouse, human resources, etc. in order to keep the production line running as efficiently as possible
- Analyze production schedules, estimate worker hours and job runs
- Interprets company policies to workers and adheres to quality and safety standards
- Maintains time and production records
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Performs activities of workers supervised
- This position does require flexibility with scheduling and may be required to report outside of regular stated hours, as needed
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Direct Reports: 11
- 2-4 years related experience preferred;
- Computer Skills: an individual should have or the ability to attain working knowledge of BPCS Manufacturing software; Excel, Word, and timecard applications.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills required
- Follow-though and effective communication required
- Must be detail oriented and quick-learner
- Ability to work within deadlines; strong ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Desire to take ownership of the process to effect company success
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude to problem solve and troubleshoot equipment
- Willingness to learn and be a hands-on problem solver; able to step in to assist sanitation crew to finish work on time and to cover essential duties during absences
- Will require flexibility in scheduling
- Bachelors degree in a science-related field preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision insurances with a large portion company paid
- 401(k), with company matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- Paid vacation
- Sick days/personal days
- Paid holidays
Proof of employment eligibility is required. This employer uses E-Verify.
Mrs. Clark’s Foods is an Equal-Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.