Quality Assurance Technician
- Oversee daily audit procedures in Harvesting, Packing and Shipping departments; monitor Harvesting performance through basket evaluations; evaluate shelf life and sliced product through special testing and sampling, and shelf life studies.
- Ensure proper sampling and documentation is completed on product, metal detectors, weight control, overwrap film, product and cooler temperatures, microbiological testing, pest control, and sanitation procedures.
- Evaluate purchased product and recommend rejection if product fails to meet standards.
- Verify all HACCP Logs from Packing are complete and report any discrepancies to ensure compliance with the HACCP Plan.
- Make sure all HACCP verifications are completed by QA for Perform all requirements of sanitation HACCP and GMP standards including hairnet, beard net, and personal hygiene policies. Special clothing may be required from time to time for sanitation purposes.
- Observe and practice safety procedures at all times. Be safety conscious. Correct or notify supervisor of safety hazards. In the event of an accident, notify supervisor immediately.
- Attend scheduled Safety Meetings.Perform Pre-op inspection before production starts in the packing areas, send out pre-op report with all findings and follow up on corrective actions.
- Perform Market Watch inspection and send out the Market Watch report.
- Generate monthly reports for Quality Manager, General Manager and Corporate management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on food safety requirements and Skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements regarding GMP/HACCP, and MMI corporate quality requirements.
Knowledge of mushroom characteristics and related diseases.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
High School Diploma or equivalent On-the-Job Training provided Previous mushroom production experience preferred.
Computer experience required, including Word and Excel Bilingual (Spanish/English preferred).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.