Quality Assurance Manager & SQF Practitioner
The QA Manager is responsible for quality assurance and food safety initiatives throughout the fulfillment center with a focus on implementation and maintenance of the SQF System. The QA Manager provides servant leadership to the Conyers Fulfillment Center. This position reports directly to the Corp. QA/FS Systems Manager.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Provides system guidance for SQF systems, food safety plans, quality programs, including implementation, staff training and documentation
- Provide facility food safety and quality leadership
- Provide communication between food safety and operations which includes sanitation and working on special projects.
- Update SQF systems and food safety plans as requirements/rules and product lines and ingredient changes occur.
- Assist with annual SQF system and food safety plan reassessment.
- Assure programs, policies and procedures are compliant and kept current.
- Liaison to regulatory, customer, internal and 3rd party audits.
- Perform internal audits (Glass & Brittle Plastic, GMPs, Pest Control, Food Defense, Allergen Control, Label Verification, Receiving, etc.)
- Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs; manage GMP training and refresher training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Tech Services Team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in a management role in a food manufacturing and/or food distribution facility required
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP & HARPC and experience in implementation of Food Safety Management Plans
- Certification by recognized HACCP training provider required. (Meat, Poultry)
- Working knowledge of regulations and guidelines imposed upon meat & poultry operations by federal and state agencies and authorities required
- Undergraduate degre in Food Science, Microbiology, or Meat Science or similar required
- PCQI certification is required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Must have the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing with coworkers, regulatory officials, and plant management;
- Shows initiative and able to work as part of a team; communicates effectively
- Excellent organization and decision-making skills
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Fluency in Spanish both verbal and written a plus
- GFSI schema training desired (SQF, BRC, etc.)
- Regularly required to use hands to feel, grab, or operate objects, tools, and controls while reaching with hands and arms
- Frequently required to stand, communicate, and listen.
- Occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual perception to perform job including peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to perform repetitive movements
- Able to work in variable temperatures (cold/hot)
Mom’s Meals, is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. We provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Mom's Meals could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Mom’s Meals complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or military status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.