Quality Assurance and Food Safety Supervisor (2nd Shift)
The Quality Assurance and Food Safety Supervisor assists in overseeing Quality and Food Safety Programs (HACCP-Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Vegetables; Labeling; GMPs; Internal Auditing, etc.), including implementation, staff training and documentation.
- 2nd shift: Monday to Friday, 3:30pm to 12:00am
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Assist in overseeing Quality and Food Safety Programs (HACCP-Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Vegetables; Labeling; GMPs; Internal Auditing, etc.), including implementation, staff training and documentation
- Work with USDA/FSIS Consumer Safety Inspectors, FDA and State Regulatory Inspectors; Assist in the obtaining environmental and product testing samples as needed
- Monitor sanitation activities and participate in pre-op inspections
- Assist with internal audit program for quality and food safety plans
- Conduct daily sensory evaluation of foods being produced and packaged
- Use all required safety equipment and consistently follow all food-related sanitation and operating safety guidelines; ensures that food production staff does the same
- Supervise Quality Assurance Technicians (4-5); perform supervisor duties including attendance verification
- Take the initiative to see and assign general cleaning tasks in work areas
- Provide communication between Quality Assurance Team and the Management Team
- Perform any and all Quality Assurance Tech responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.