JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Technician
Job Title: QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for performing quality inspections, documenting results, assist in corrective actions, prepare for audits, and aid in the training of new technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compare products being run on each line with the production schedule to ensure proper products are being produced.
- Perform specified inspection procedures on product in production such as viscosity, taste and color tests, data coding on cases and proper packaging.
- Perform inspection on final packaged units as prescribed.
- Report all rejected products to operator and shift supervisor and follow through until defect is corrected.
- Place product on hold as necessary, fill out proper reports and give information to Shift -Supervisor and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Work closely with production employees, Shift Supervisor and Quality Assurance Manager to resolve problems.
- Pull product retention samples and perform specified inspection procedures on product such as content sediment.
- Complete inventory transfer documentation for pulled samples.
- Complete and file certificate of analysis documentation.
- Fill in on bottling lines as needed.
- Act as back up for Label Coordinator as needed.
- Assist in training new Quality Assurance Technicians.
Use various lab equipment but not limited to:
- grind slide, spectrophotometer, weigh scale, intoxilyzer, hand tools, personal computer, auto titrator
- Fill in for other Quality Assurance Technicians as needed.
- Monitor GMP's and be observant for any food safety related issues.
- Pull, check and ship out all customer and sales related samples.
- Perform and document pest control checks.
- Inspect, test and document results on incoming supplies and ingredients.
- Perform and document results of lab testing.
- May perform miscellaneous duties as required by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Will assist Quality Assurance Manager in maintaining company quality standards.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- Associate degree in science related field, preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Testing and Inspection experience.
- Must possess a good team player.
- Ability to comprehend and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally and carry approximately 20 ft.
- Ability to work from heights. Ability to use 4ft ladder.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.