Harvesting Food Safety and Compliance Supervisor
Mission Ranches is seeking a Harvesting Food Safety and Compliance Supervisor.
This position will be assisting the harvesting team with various Food Safety Trainings, inspections, audits, and implementation of electronic documentation. This position will be working under the direction of our Food Safety and Operation Managers.
Train Harvesting Team on Current SOP’s
A: Schedule and lead monthly crew trainings
B: Schedule and lead seasonal trainings for Foreman/Supervisors
C:Organize and implement weekly tailgate trainings led by crew foreman
- Conduct daily spot inspections on harvesting crews to ensure Food Safety SOP’s are being followed.
- Conduct daily spot inspections of Harvesting equipment, materials, and staging yards to ensure areas are properly cleaned and maintenance and that all food safety SOP’s are being followed.
- Create and maintain ATP swabbing schedule on all mechanical machines.
- Assist with harvesting audits and inspections administered by 3rd party organizations, customers and government agencies.
- Maintain all food safety harvesting records needed to maintain compliance with FSMA regulations, internal SOP’s and customer needs including but not limited to; Crew Training, Foreman/Supervisor trainings, Daily inspection sheets, reefer trailer inspections, etc.
- Assist with uploading critical Harvesting Documents to Company Share point.
- Conduct follow up visits to make sure that agreed upon corrective actions have been implemented.
- Purchase and distribute food safety items such as: headlamps, chlorine strips, and rodent sonic deterrents.
- Attend all relevant workshops, seminars, and customer sponsored events relating to food safety and/or continued education.
- Computer Competence
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Candidate must have a clean driving record
- Relocation to winter production region
A minimum of 2-3 years of food safety experience
Bilingual English/Spanish required
Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
Have strong communication skills
Must be flexible with work hours and
Detail oriented, and possess strong computer skills, including MS Office and Excel, self-starter
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.