JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Supervisor - Texas
We've grown to become the world's leader in producing, distributing and marketing fresh Hass avocados. As a vertically integrated company, our total focus is avocados. We provide customers all over the world with the complete package—year-round supply, global availability and value-added services.
Our partners are passionate and experienced growers from the most ideal avocado growing regions in the world. To supply customers with the world's finest avocados, we operate packing facilities in five countries and own eight regional ripening centers in North America. Our distribution centers and transportation capabilities ensure peak eating-quality avocados from the tree to the customer. And when it comes to food safety, we adhere to the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) program and Good Harvesting Practices (GHP). We proudly share responsibility with our growers to ensure total satisfaction for our customers.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor will help document and record essential quality activities as well as communicate any relevant information as needed to corporate Mission team. This individual will be part of the Mission QA team that strives to meet or exceed all regulation and lead the industry in Quality. In addition, this position involves a combination of visual monitoring of various aspects of the FDC (Forward Distribution Center) operations and physical testing of product.
- Understand and track customer returns.Determine common root causes and provide solutions.Use this information to conduct on-site training relevant to QA and operations processes
- Conduct routine quality inspections on inbound and outbound product according to Mission quality standards
- Sample and inspect finished product to ensure conformance to standards
- Initiate and complete aging, shipping, and grading reports
- Prepare quality documents and reports summarizing key metrics, information and trends
- Collect and compile statistical quality data that is beneficial to Global Mission team
- Execute quality inspections on a daily, weekly and structural basis
- Ensure alignment of standards and needs between Mission and Customers
- Maintain and update all QA SOP’s for FDC
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with good people and communication skills
- Test product for oil content, temperature and internal/external defects
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation
- Communicate issues to management at facility and Corp QA team
- Lift 48 pound containers from stacked pallets.
- Perform other duties as required
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, high stress environment
- Able to work 8-12 hour shifts when necessary
- Able to stand for long periods of time and climb ladders for product inspections
- Ability and willingness to be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, safely work near moving mechanical parts and equipment, and temperatures between 35 and 45 degrees
- Ability and willingness to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste, smell, etc. as needed to perform essential tasks
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and coworkers in a team environment
- Able to read markings on boxes of product
- Able to work according to food facility regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and verbal skills to communication with various MPI departments
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written, in English and Spanish preferred
- Agriculture background
- AS400 skills
- Experience supervising others
- Ability to collect and interpret data. Ability to research and problem solve independently
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group solving situations, use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills: Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, share expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focus on solving conflict, not blaming, maintain confidentiality, listen to others without interrupting, remain open to others ideas and try new things
- Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others views, able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Measure self against standard of excellence
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to detail
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.