JOB FILLED - FDC Quality Assurance Supervisor
We've grown to become the world's leader in producing, distributing and marketing fresh Hass avocados. As a vertically integrated company, our total focus is avocados. We provide customers all over the world with the complete package—year-round supply, global availability and value-added services.
Our partners are passionate and experienced growers from the most ideal avocado growing regions in the world. To supply customers with the world's finest avocados, we operate packing facilities in five countries and own eight regional ripening centers in North America. Our distribution centers and transportation capabilities ensure peak eating-quality avocados from the tree to the customer. And when it comes to food safety, we adhere to the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) program and Good Harvesting Practices (GHP). We proudly share responsibility with our growers to ensure total satisfaction for our customers.
The FDC (Forward Distribution Center) QA Supervisor will be responsible for reviewing and updating existing specifications, policies and procedures; implementing and monitoring procedures across FDCs and working collaboratively with all departments to generate and communicate quality reports and metrics.
- Investigate customer returns to determine and track root causes.
- Prepare quality documents and reports summarizing key metrics, information and trends
- Identify training needs and coordinate/create training inventions to meet quality standards.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures
- Travel to all sites to perform internal audits, document, and communicate findings.
- Track and organize Import reports from all FDCs
- Manage USDA certificates from all FDCs and ensure that originals are sent to Finance
- Be able to perform all inspections and duties of QA techs. Ensure accuracy and timely delivery of reports using all existing technologies
- Perform other assignments as directed by manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and training
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to train and improve the skill level of team members as needed
- Strong ability to work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent ability to analyze data timely, efficiently, effectively and multi-task projects/assignments
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent ability to identify business process improvements and report existing deficiencies
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to deal with changing objectives, deadlines, and priorities beyond one’s control as needed
- Ability to remain calm and unemotional in stressful situations
- Ability to lift or move 37 lbs
- Ability and willingness to be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, safely work near moving mechanical parts and equipment, and temperatures between 35 and 45 degrees
- Ability and willingness to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste, smell, etc. as needed to perform essential tasks
- 25-30% travel required
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written, in English and Spanish preferred
- Agriculture background
- AS400 skills
- Experience supervising others
- Analytical: Ability to collect and interpret data. Ability to research and problem solve independently
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group solving situations, use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills: Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, share expertise with others
- Interpersonal Skills: Focus on solving conflict, not blaming, maintain confidentiality, listen to others without interrupting, remain open to others ideas and try new things
- Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others views, able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Motivation: Measure self against standard of excellence
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to detail
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.