Food Safety & Quality Manager
The Food Safety & Quality Manager works with the food safety and operations teams to lead all aspects of food safety, quality assurance, and quality control for both new and existing products. Tastings, ingredient troubleshooting and a strict sense of quality assurance and food safety are necessary to uphold the standard of excellence for our goods. The Food Safety & Quality Manager ensures all finished goods meet internal and customer criteria prior to shipment/distribution. The Food Safety & Quality Manager plays a critical role in staff education, communication with external partners and creating long term systems based upon quantitative data.
Oversee technical operations to ensure the highest quality of all Milk Bar Products, including but not limited to:
- Take samples; Analyze/examine both raw materials and finished product as needed
- Determine techniques and ingredients used
- Analyze product shelf life
- Facilitate improvement of product quality and production efficiency
- With the Food Safety and Operations teams, responsible for travel to outside commissaries and partners as needed to oversee new product/recipe/ingredient roll-out. Properly communicate standards and expectations at all times
- Build and/or facilitate food safety and quality management systems at the commissary and storefront levels with the culinary and storefront teams.
- Troubleshoot major product issues, including anything pertaining to organoleptics of the final product (flavor, size, shape, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring raw material and finished products adhere to Milk Bar specifications
- Lead food safety/good manufacturing trainings to achieve highest quality product at all commissary kitchens and storefront locations
- Ensure in store hygiene standards are maintained in accordance with company standards
- Work closely with regional commissary teams to provide support including troubleshooting new recipes according to site-specific ingredient availability and facility conditions
- Work closely with the Director of Food Safety & Quality to develop, implement, and coach on food safety management systems
- Fully understand and exhibit the Milk Bar ethos, embodying our core values and inspiring celebration, and serve as a brand ambassador both internally and externally
Please note that Job duties are subject to change at the Company's discretion.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of experience working in food safety and quality in the food industry with general understanding of food science
- Experience building and executing food safety management systems and quality management systems including allergen control, lot tracking, cleaning & sanitizing, HACCP, and good manufacturing practices. PCQI required
- Passionate and innovative, with a strong sense of food science
- Team leader with a positive, solution-oriented mindset. Ability to voice strong opinions.
- Meticulous note-taker, hyper-organized, clean, and consistent, you sweat the small stuff!
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- Unwavering focus on producing and maintaining the best and most consistent product possible
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.