JOB FILLED - Food Safety and Quality Manager
Henningsen Foods Inc. has been providing the food processing industry with specialty egg and meat products for over 100 years. Henningsen's longevity and success is due to the devoted effort and persistent initiative of employees in each department and plant. The Norfolk and Ravenna plants in Nebraska process and dry raw materials including chicken, beef, turkey, pork, fish, etc. to be sold to customers worldwide. Henningsen Foods was recently acquired by Michael Foods Inc., an operating company within Post Holdings Inc.
The Food Safety and Quality Manager oversees the application offood safetystandards in the food industry for the Norfolk and Ravenna plants in Nebraska. This is not a remote position. Especially proficient in the adherence ofqualitystandards throughout every phase of food preparation and distribution. Specializes in developing and implementing food safety processes.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the development, training, execution, and verification/validation of all quality systems, including all aspects of food safety, food quality and sanitation.
- Ensures compliance to all regulatory, customer and corporate programs. Leads and participates in regulatory, customer and internal audits. Provides leadership in the development, training, and maintenance of the plant Food Safety and Quality Programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GFSI Standards.
- Provides leadership to help ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant.
- Maintains consistent communication and fosters teamwork between all local personnel, departments and shifts, as well as, other company locations and external customers and resources.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are fairly administered between departments and shifts.
- Responsible for developing annual FSQ and sanitation budgets and cost control throughout the fiscal year.
- Champions the use of Quality Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring plant sanitation programs to ensure a safe and wholesome product supply.
- Provides leadership to help ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant and lead an element of the Corporate Safety Program. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions, and ensure that product food safety and quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality or personnel safety.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field and a minimum of 5 years of supervisory or managerial experience in a food plant manufacturing environment to include quality systems responsibilities.
- Must have effective communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Able to develop and motivate salaried and hourly personnel.
- Able to work extended hours or weekends when required.
- Experience or knowledge of all applicable food industry related quality systems.
- Previous work experience as a Quality Manager, QA Manager, and/or FSQ Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Bachelors or better in Food Science.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.