JOB FILLED - Production/Quality Assurance Manager
Manages the Production and Quality Assurance to ensure the specifications, food safety, and quality of all products produced by performing the following duties personally or through vendor partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees weekly productions at various processing partners as needed.
- Ensures product specifications are achieved.
- Weekly review of production yield reports and communicate specific performances.
- Communicate with processing partners any customer complaints/claims received and facilitate corrective actions to prevent in future.
- Manage new program and new product implementation at various processing partners.
- Communicates with scheduling team to ensure customer orders are filled and communicates needed adjustments as production details are available.
- Provides weekly summary reports to the processing partners visited for feedback.
- Ensures that implementation of food safety and monitoring programs meet corporate and regulatory standards. Oversees and monitors program implementation (i.e. HACCP, USDA).
- Work with operations staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers and vendor partners.
- Ensures compliance with national and international standards and legislation; considering the application of environmental and health/safety standards.
- Plant Audits as scheduled and ensures follow up to identified issues.
- Understanding of SSOP, GMPs and HACPP CCP as required in protein environment.
- Conducts inspections of processes and employee training, ensures compliance with applicable food laws and regulations and verifies plant HACCP plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Approximately 3-5 years of related experience as a Production Superintendent; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred Associate degree in food technology/science.
- Strong understanding of operations and quality assurance preferred.
- Analytical skills required and ability to multi-task.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Beef industry experience strongly required.
- Frequent travel to various plants.
- Company offers full medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, vacation & sick time, and 401(k).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.