Director of Regulatory Affairs
Based in Chicago, IL., Matrix Sciences brings together the expertise, resources and support needed to partner with the food supply chain—from farm to consumer. The results: the information required to make informed decisions with confidence, and the consistent production of safe, quality food.
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Regulatory Affairs to join our team.
Working from your remote home office, you will be Responsible for managing projects and developing deliverables for Company’s clients relating to compliance with applicable regulations relating to the production, storage, distribution, labeling of food and beverage products. This role will be responsible for managing other Advisory team members, providing guidance, coaching, and assistance with projects as needed to aid in delivering high quality services to customers with confidence.
Among other duties, you will be providing consultation and advice to clients relating to compliance with applicable food and beverage regulations, including without limit FDA regulations including the US Federal Food Drug & Cosmetic Act and its applicable amendments such as the Food Safety Modernization Act; USDA regulations such as the US Federal Meat Inspection Act, the Federal Poultry Production Act; food allergen labeling requirements, nutritional labeling requirements, and other regulations required for compliance by growers, processors, manufacturers, distributors, warehouses and transporters of food (including without limit development, implementation and revisions of related policies for assigned client program(s).
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- US FDA and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations.
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) regulations.
- Understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards and certification readiness
- Labeling compliance experience with FDA and USDA labeling requirements.
- Strong relationship skills to achieve sustainable partnerships and collaboration internally and externally with clients to deliver identified results.
- Excellent communication across all levels from line operators to the C-Suite.
- Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) Certified and HACCP Certified
- Ability to lead in person or in virtual environments.
- Be able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer and MS Office Suite Navigational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Organized Beneficial Competencies
- Experience working in food manufacturing, dietary supplements and / or the food supply chain beneficial
- Experience managing and executing product recalls or other regulatory inquiries
- Bachelor’s Degree; Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar preferred; 4 or more years of experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Competencies set forth above
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
This is a tremendous opportunity to take your Food Safety career to the next level!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.