Quality Assurance Manager
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Landover
Department: Lab/Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Director of Consumer Products
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Quality Assurance Manager will develop and manage Quality Assurance programs and activities that will ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including GMPs and HACCP. The QA Manager will integrate quality assurance and quality control into all functions and people.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all quality programs, including SQF, GMPs and HACCP
- Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications, and critical control points in manufacturing, for ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods
- Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs and SSOPs
- Participate and contribute in continuous improvement of departmental processes
- Ensure that all new regulations (including those related to the FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented at all assigned facilities and suppliers
- Implement quality assurance programs that effectively monitor product manufacturing in a way that results in company compliance with regulatory SOP, GMP, HACCP and SQF level 3 standards for third party audit and customer product requirements
- Establish manufacturing specification, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control, new product development and processing
- Develop and execute training programs that support the Company’s objectives with regard to quality and food safety
- Monitor and evaluate sanitation activities within the facility to include daily cleaning, preventative maintenance, and master sanitation activities
- Apply administrative and record-keeping processes to support the programs listed above
- Manage daily affairs of the Quality Assurance lab and laboratory technicians
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Manages and directs Quality Assurance Lab staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detailed knowledge and track record of successful implementation of food manufacturing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of food product sampling and testing as well as the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance
- Certification and training in HACCP, SQF Practitioner, Preventative Controls for Human Food, Appendix N Antibiotic Testing
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Food or Biological Sciences or related field.Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Food Quality Management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SQF Practitioner Certification
Preventative Controls Qualified Individual
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to smell and taste.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but the employee is occasionally to frequently exposed to the higher noise levels of plant operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.