Food Safety Coordinator
From its headquarters in Salinas, Markon Cooperative, Inc. provides fresh produce purchasing, logistics, information and marketing services exclusively to its five member distributors (Ben E. Keith Foods, Gordon Food Service, Gordon Food Service Canada, Nicholas & Company, and Shamrock Foods Company) and their foodservice customers. A leader in food safety, quality control and innovation, Markon is also mindful of the produce industry's impact on people – from field workers to consumers. At Markon, we put people first, and we offer a culture that values team work, loyalty, and a commitment to excellence. Learn more about Markon at Markon.com.
Markon’s Food Safety Coordinator is an essential member of our Food Safety Department and helps ensure compliance with audits and the effective management of related regulatory paperwork. This position requires the ability to exhibit independence, flexibility and good judgment to respond to rapidly changing priorities. The Food Safety Coordinator reviews food safety alerts on a continual basis, forwarding to management, as appropriate and conducts mock recalls with suppliers and responds to customer complaints. Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with Markon’s Food Safety Director, Analyst and Manager to maintain the Markon supplier food safety database (food safety audits, assessments, etc.)
- Stays engaged with produce food safety best practices to support supplier food safety programs
- Requests and reviews audits and supporting food safety documentation as necessary and manages follow up with suppliers to ensure corrective actions are appropriately implemented
- Prepares correspondence related to corrective actions, audit compliance, onsite visits, activity timelines, product complaints related to food safety, mock recalls, etc.
- Works with new suppliers during supplier onboarding process
Member and Customer Communication
- Monitors produce related food safety alerts on a regular basis and support the execution of effective communication of such events (recalls, outbreaks, crisis, etc.)
- Supports crisis team in the event of product recall or crisis situation
- Responds to food safety related requests from end customers, including multi-unit accounts and/or regulatory agencies to maintain Markon’s compliance with customer requirements
- Supports customer complaint process to ensure concerns are appropriately addressed, investigated and tracked
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university; OR 2 year college degree plus 2 years of produce/food safety experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Food Safety experience preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, databases and Google docs with the ability to quickly learn specific software
- High level of proficiency with written and verbal communication and effective listening skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm and team work
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Employer subsidized health, vision and dental insurance effective on the first of the month following hire. PTO accrual and paid holidays from date of hire.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.