Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
Manage the activities and resources necessary for manufacturing fresh vegetables in accordance with quality assurance specifications. Support Operations to ensure that products meet established standards by Quality Assurance department.
- Plan, coordinate and audit quality assurance activities of field, receiving, production and shipping departments ensuring all activities meet quality standards.
- Manage a staff of 2 QA supervisors and ~20 support staff.
- Provide technical assistance to production, sales, marketing, vendors and co-packers.
- Review and analyze data gathered from shelf life studies, raw product evaluations, other test conducted by QA support to determine if any corrective actions are required.
- Keeps organization abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the QA director.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Implement and update processes per customer requirements.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Must have proficiency and key interest in handling and analyzing quality assurance data.
- Minimum BS in Food Science or related field, Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience supervising or managing employees
- Knowledge of microbiology, fresh vegetables, HACCP, GMA and GAP
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.