Job Filled Quality Assurance Manager - "Own Brands"
The Quality Assurance Manager-Own Brands manages the activities and resources necessary for manufacturing fresh vegetables in accordance with quality assurance specifications for Mann’s Own Brand customers for retail and foodservice. The role supports Operations to ensure that products meet established standards by Mann’s Food Safety & Quality Assurance department and those of Own Brand customers.
- Plan, coordinate and audit quality assurance activities of field, receiving, production and shipping departments ensuring all activities meet quality standards of Mann and our Own Brand customers.
- Provide food safety and quality assurance expertise to minimize risk. Have intimate knowledge of Own Brand customer’s recall and crisis communication procedures.
- Manage and execute mock recalls with Own Brand customers.
- Initiate and manage direct relations with Own Brand quality assurance department personnel. Attend headquarter calls when relevant.
- Assist R&D department with creating and documenting product specifications.
- Manage and maintain an archive and library of all product specifications and images for all Own Brand customer products.
- Manage Own Brand online portals for required quality related information.
- Provide technical assistance to production, sales, marketing, vendors and co-packers related to Own Brand products, particularly specification management.
- Review and analyze data gathered from shelf life studies, raw product evaluations, other test conducted by QA support to determine if any corrective actions are required for Own Brand products.
- Keep the organization abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Prepare and present technical and program information to the organization as it relates to Own Brand customers.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance regulations and standards in the U.S. and Canada.
- Investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality as it relates to Own Brand customers and items.
- BS in Food Science or related field.
- 5-7 years of related QA/food production experience.
- Strong knowledge of microbiology, fresh vegetables, HACCP, GMA, GAP and FSMA.
- Proven team leadership abilities.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.