Reporting to the Division Vice President, the Lab Director is responsible for taking ownership and operating a successful laboratory. This is achieved through displaying an entrepreneurial spirit, inspiring excellence in others, building strong customer relationships, making sound operational decisions and leading change.
- Take ownership of the business; develop and implement a strategic plan for the laboratory to meet business goals
- Manage financial aspects of the business, including budget development, short and long term financial goal setting, P&L management and executing strategies to achieve goals
- Understand and take advantage of available resources to help achieve results in a cost effective, safe, ethical manner
- Develop and maintain expertise in the field of food science, and play an active role in industry events
- Demonstrate leadership through communication and actions to earn respect and trust of the team
- Set the tone of integrity, accountability, excellence and initiative by modeling the behavior that is expected from leaders and staff
- Clearly communicate goals and accountability of achievement across all levels of the workforce
- Create and foster an environment where coaching and development is a priority to promote employment engagement, career pathing, and organizational succession planning
- Understand corporate objectives and manage laboratory performance to maintain or improve operational and financial efficiencies aligning with company goals
- Ensure compliance with Mérieux policies and standard operating procedures striving for the highest levels of quality, customer excellence, safety, and efficiency for existing and new business
- Ensure exceptional internal and external customer excellence through engagement, attitude, communication and service
- Participate in strategic conversations with sales team and dedicate time to meet with current and prospective clients to understand customer needs and build trusting relationships
- Provide technical expertise and consulting services to clients by helping them interpret laboratory data and suggesting solutions to their related business challenges
- Constantly evaluate laboratory from all aspects and challenge the status quo; analyze and derive strategy that is inclusive of change, provide clear goals and continually measure progress
- Communicate change and stand behind the message; present a united front with corporate partners and leadership team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Inspiring Excellence
- Operational Decision Making
- Building Customer Relationships
- Leading Change
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.