Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
Are you looking to be part of a fast-growing global food business with North American operations headquartered in the southern California area? Do you want to realize your ambitions while being part of a principle driven organization that aspires to transform its business through powerful Brands? At LT Foods Americas (LTFA), we have an ambition to become a Food business driven by the 5 principles that underpin everything we do: Business Ethics, Innovation, Ownership, Passion for Excellence, & Customer Centricity. We are seeking associates who want to drive meaning in their work that benefits them, the organization and the world around us. What you get at LTFA is challenging, interesting work with opportunities to grow in the U.S. and beyond. You get the tools you need to do an excellent job and you have smart, motivated people around you to help you do it! It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes LTFA such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
LT Foods Americas (LTFA) is part of LT Foods Limited, an emerging global food company, with Net Sales in excess of $600 million globally, operating across a range of categories including specialty rice, organic foods and convenience rice-based products. The Company is engaged in milling, processing and marketing of branded and non-branded basmati rice, and manufacturing of rice food products in India & international market. LT Foods has a global presence including India, Middle East, United Kingdom, Europe and United States. Its operations include contract farming, procurement, storage, processing, packaging and distribution. Its rice product portfolio comprises brown, white, steamed, parboiled, organic, quick cooking brown rice, and ready-to-heat rice. The Company's brands include DAAWAT®, ROYAL®; 817 ELEPHANT®, INDUS VALLEY®, ECOLIFE® & GRAPEOLA®.
The role of Quality and Food Safety Manager is primarily responsible for leading, developing, maintaining, and improving the Quality and Food Safety function at our Dayton, CA facility. The successful execution of the role requires both strategic thought leadership and tactical/hands on leadership of people and process. Through leadership, influencing, and continuous improvement this role also ensures the suitability of Dayton Quality & Food Safety programs; and in many instances, will have to build a feasible and effective program from scratch, or modernize and enhance existing programs. The goals of our work in Quality & Food Safety will be aligned to our business goals as a rapidly growing business in an evolving, more complex regulatory climate, where Food Safety is paramount and Quality becomes a competitive advantage. This role at our Dayton facility will work to help achieve, ensure, and continually enhance our:
- Customer and Consumer satisfaction,
- Food Safety Legal Compliance and Product Quality Conformance
- Approach to External Customer-facing Certifications (e.g. GFSI, organic, etc.)
- Overall Quality Culture and Mindset as an Enterprise
- Overall Quality & Food Safety Competency and Awareness for employees and the business, as whole.
Key Responsibilities (or Principal Accountabilities):
- Reports to the Director of Quality & Food Safety, LT Foods Americas
- Hires, manages (objective setting, coaching, and performance management), engages, and develops a team of Quality of Quality & Food Safety Technicians, and Sanitation personnel, as assigned. (approx. 4-5 direct reports, both permanent and temporary employees).
- Lead the development, implementation, maintenance, verification, and improvement of the quality and food safety programs for the Dayton facility.
- Collaborate within and outside of function to effectively manage quality or food safety incidents or product nonconformances and resulting root cause analyses, product dispositions and corrective actions.
- Manages overall health and effectiveness of Customer/Consumer complaint and supplier complaint processes.
- Lead the achievement and maintenance of required customer or 3rd party certifications, including leading the audit process for the Dayton site (e.g. FSSC 22000, QAI-Certified Organic, GFSI Costco Addendum, etc.)
- Leads the Food Safety management program (HACCP/HARPC) responsible for the implementation, documenting and monitoring this system.
- Manages total product quality testing and inspection plans, for internal testing and external laboratory testing. Manages operational relationship with 3rd Party testing lab.
- Enhance and manage existing cleaning/sanitation program for Dayton facility.
- Ensures that all QC instruments are verified and calibrated.
- Sets Quality & Food Safety objectives for the Dayton location, and leads site-level quality management reviews to ensure the ongoing suitability and achievement of the quality and food safety objectives for the site.
- Conducts relevant training and education on quality and food safety topics.
- Perform other assigned improvement projects, as required.
- BS in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or other technical degree.
- 5+ years in food manufacturing quality & food safety management, supplier assurance, regulatory affairs, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of people / team leadership experience
- Significant experience in developing and implementing key quality and food safety programs both from scratch and from an established platform.
- Ability to manage product incidents and risk-assess and disposition nonconforming product
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Working knowledge of FDA/USDA regulations and FSMA.
- Extensive experience with GFSI certification requirements (FSSC 22000 preferred)
- HACCP/HARPC certified or PCQI qualified.
- Lead Auditor Certification
- Setting up CCP Validation Studies and Verification Plans
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.