Manage the Sanitation Program to ensure sanitation procedures are compliant with regulations and Little Lady Foods’ food safety standards.This position requires a deep understanding of food safety, maintenance, and sanitation process.
- Design, direct, and manage the Sanitation Program in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
- Develop and implement process improvements and solutions to sanitation related problems with equipment, premises, processes and personnel. Implement Best Practices throughout facility.
- Lead and oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of SSOPs and MSS.
- Manage the 3rd party sanitation service company with support from the QA Manager. This will include observation of sanitation practices during non-production days and some weekends, as necessary.
- Collaborate with plant functional leadership to ensure established SSOPs are followed.
- Prepare required company and government reports providing analysis, trends, and corrective actions to any deviations. Investigate ways to reduce waste, downtime and improve equipment and employee utilization to improve processes.
- Prepare annual sanitation budget.
- Support all food safety and product certification processes and audits.
- Maintain and implement the Environmental Monitoring Program and lead resolution of micro deficiencies.
- Develop and train sanitation staff especially in the correct handling and usage of sanitation chemicals and focusing on development, coaching, and mentoring.
- Identify gaps specific to food safety and lead corrective actions.
- Serve as a key resource to assure proper scheduling to meet cleaning activities during normal run times and down periods.
- Track and monitor cleaning supplies, chemicals, tools and any other equipment/supplies necessary to the operation of the department. Source new vendors for supplies to ensure the best cost.
- Analyzes available data to make informed decisions
- Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback
- Drives continuous improvement and is able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership of results
- Effective oral and written communications across functions
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Willing to travel (15-25%)
- Product Development Staff
- This position requires a working knowledge across business functions, as well as a high degree of peer leadership to facilitate proper management of regulatory requirements. The incumbent will need to work in and among the following areas.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in chemistry or related field, or, at a minimum, college-level coursework in chemistry or science curriculum.
- Minimum five years USDA food manufacturing experience in sanitation with a minimum of 3-5 years in a Sanitation Management position.
- GFSI (BRC, SQF) Certification experience.
- Must have extensive USDA manufacturing experience with strong food processing skills.
- Knowledge of the chemicals used in the sanitation process
- Thorough knowledge of FDA (FSMA) and USDA regulations.
- Deep understanding of HACCP, SSOPs, allergens, pest control, and sanitary design of equipment.
- Ability to apply regulatory changes to the facility operations
- Accomplished user of Microsoft Office products.
- Maintenance experiences a plus.
Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- As an equal opportunity employer, Little Lady Foods recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.