Quality Assurance Supervisor
CORE VALUE COMMITMENT:
All employees will demonstrate our culture of commitment to quality, respect for fellow employees and business partners, and responsibility to the environment and our community.
Responsible for driving improvement, efficient processes, results, and quality within the Company. Effectively leads and develops the quality assurance and quality control teams. Ensures that the Company meets all Federal, State, and local regulations, including audit certifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, coaching and training staff to achieve maximum employee engagement.
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory standards including HACCP, USDA, SSOP’s and all other requirements related to the industry.
- Provide ongoing communication to staff, production associates and management, regarding quality concerns.
- Conduct quality audits as needed to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Collaborate with site and department leaders in an effort to develop and maintain the most efficient quality assurance procedures for respective areas.
- Generate ideas for continuous quality improvement and participate in the development and implementation of new policies, procedures and/or programs.
- Plan staff schedules, and delegate or organize labor and tasks.
- Determine technician placement based on production requirements and schedules.
- Ensure that quality technicians maintain the optimal performance by managing quality assurance checks including monitoring AQL’s (acceptable quality levels); validating quality checks against production specifications for both attribute and variable data collection and managing products placed on hold.
- Ensure that quality technicians have the tools, equipment, and resources necessary to perform their job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Federal and State food industry regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for governmental agencies, including, but not limited to USDA, FSIS, FDA, NDEQ, OSHA, FDA, and DOT.
- Skill in reading, analyzing and conveying quality reports.
- Skill in using a computer and a variety of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Skill in communicating in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities and delegating as needed.
- Ability to drive employees to produce high quality poultry from the farm to the table; a demonstrated passion for food safety and quality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to build relationships and motivate teams.
- Ability to be a good representative of the Company and display the highest levels of ethical behavior and integrity at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in Biology or a related field required. HACCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a quality assurance role in the food manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience. Previous experience in the poultry industry preferred. Bilingual skills preferred.
NOTE: The information above is a reflection of the general nature of job duties. From time to time additional duties may be assigned.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.