Quality Assurance Food Safety Technician - 2nd Shift
Responsible for helping ensure the product quality and safety of products produced. and communicate non-compliances to production manager or supervisor. Verify and document regulatory programs (HACCP, SSOP, GMP and product labeling). Follow and comply with company procedures and policies set forth by management team and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory standards including HACCP, USDA, SSOP’s etc.
- Record temperatures as required by policy.
- Calculate product compliance percentages and complete data entry of product evaluations.
- Verify code dates, ingredients, and labels.
- Gather products for micro testing.
- Provide documentation for HACCP, SSOP, and GMP.
- Assist in providing backup and training new employees.
- Read and follow company policies and procedures, as well as customer specifications.
- Work collectively with USDA and other department managers/supervisors as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of food safety standards.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Skill in performing basic math functions.
- Skill in using a personal computer and various software applications.
- Skill in being a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to be a good representative of the Company.
- Ability to read and write legibly in English.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree in food science, manufacturing, related field preferred, or a minimum of three years experience in a related field. Previous experience in food safety preferred. Proficient in Spanish preferred.
NOTE: The information above is a reflection of the general nature of job duties. From time to time additional duties may be assigned.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.