2nd Shift QA Manager, Fremont
CORE VALUE COMMITMENT:
All employees will demonstrate our culture of commitment to quality, respect for fellow employees and business partners, and responsibility to the environment and our community.
Responsible for driving process improvement, results, and quality within the Company. Effectively leads and develops the quality assurance and quality control teams. Ensures that the Company meets all federal, state, local regulations, and audit certifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the activities of the QA Department and assures effective application of product/process monitoring, testing, validation and controls
- Manage plant function in compliance with customer guidelines
- Lead the implementation of quality systems to ensure adherence to product specifications, GMP’s and SOPs requirements. Work to assure accuracy of records and documentation of customer requirements.
- Participate in the development of quality, food safety and customer requirements.
- Participate in the development of capital spending plans in consideration of quality assurance.
- Perform periodic audits at the facility on recall systems, incoming raw materials, in-process control and finished goods testing. Monitor vendor and co-pack compliance to Company standards.
- Collaborate and interact with management staff, supervisors, USDA, Sales, Product Development, suppliers and customers in directing quality assurance activities while promoting a safe and healthy work environment through leadership of safety and health program for the facility.
- Responsible for the quality assurance teams’ performance and development, safety, work schedule, and other duties associated with supervision of employees. Develop and implement training plans for staff by providing training resources to support development.
- Participate in the development and implementation of continuous improvement programs.
- Provide updates to Quality Assurance Director and Complex Manager regarding quality assurance activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Federal and State food industry regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements.
- Knowledge of compliance with governmental agencies, including, but not limited to USDA FSIS, FDA, NDEQ, OSHA, FDA, and DOT.
- Skill in reading, analyzing and conveying quality reports.
- Skill in using a computer and a variety of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Skill in communicating in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities and delegating as needed.
- Ability to motivate employees to produce high quality poultry from the farm to the table; a demonstrated passion for food safety and quality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to build relationships and motivate teams.
- Ability to be a good representative of the Company and display the highest levels of ethical behavior and integrity at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors’ Degree in Quality Management, Engineering, Food Science, or another related field. Minimum of five years of food manufacturing with at least three years in a supervisory capacity.
NOTE: The information above is a reflection of the general nature of job duties. From time to time additional duties may be assigned.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.