Food Safety Coordinator
This job is responsible for managing the food safety program for the warehouse operations.
- Ensure all departments in the warehouse comply to various food safety standards; SQF, Global GAP, USDA GHP, FDA Preventative Controls, Produce Safety Rule, etc.
- Validate and verify food safety risk assessments and documents
- Manage updates for risk assessments, policies and procedures
- Perform monthly food safety inspections and document nonconformance’s
- Perform ad-hoc projects for the Human Resource Manager
- Assist in gathering and preparing safety and training information into a usable and logical format for presentation to the safety committee, Human Resource department and the Leadership Team
- Attend meetings with the CEO to discuss goals for the week and review the calendar in order to be able to assist with preparation for upcoming events/meetings
- Attend meetings as requested, record minutes, type them, and send them to all those involved
- Create positive relationships with the management teams, safety committee, supervisors, etc.
- Attend various training opportunities as they relate to Food Safety
- May be required to travel to various fields and warehouses from time to time
- Bachelors in related field required
- Prefer at least 2-3 years prior work experience
- High level of: word processing software, spreadsheet software, data entry and reporting software, internet researching, etc.
- General office equipment, strong ability in typing.
- Ability to occasionally perform various activities that require; sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pulling/pushing objects, grasp and reach.
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate with others.
- Must have good vision.
- Ability to occasionally lift 20 lbs. from floor/ shoulder level.
Mental/Other Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete projects with resourcefulness.
- Ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to identify and/or prevent problems; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Ability to complete duties, on time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Ability, in English to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to help write reports; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- High mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High reasoning ability to solve practical problems with common sense approaches.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.