- Partner with plant management teams to facilitate process improvements to meet plant and department metrics, including, but not limited to, Cost of Quality.
- Establish and leverage the internal audit system to verify compliance with SQF programs, MOPs, SOPs, etc.
- Develop relationships and work with cross-functional teams through collaboration, resolution of conflicts, and effective communication to ensure plant and departmental metrics are met.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentorship to the technical support staff.
- Facilitate employee training to ensure employees in all functions understand how quality impacts the internal and external customers, and how their role affects product quality.
- Identify and manage product threats, including mitigation of threats through root cause analysis and process improvements.
- Utilize Voice of the Consumer feedback to determine product parameters and communicate needs to operations.
- Develop, manage & complete departmental project work linked to company objectives and goals.
- Manage product risk by considering the company, customer, and regulatory requirements to produce safe, quality foods
- 5-7 years of work experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Meat Science, Food Science, Microbiology, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with Safe Quality Foods Codes.
- HACCP or HARPC certified.
- Demonstrated and proven knowledge of GMPs, MOPs, SOPs, and SSOPs. Knowledge of Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Organic programs, and relevant government regulations is required. Code of Federal Regulations 21. Food Safety Inspection Service. AOAC Standards. Quality Management & Process Improvement Tools. ASQ Certifications.
- Local and/or overnight travel is required 30% of the time.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.