Supplier Quality Leader
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Supplier Quality Leader
This position is responsible for leading all aspects of the food and feed external supplier quality and food safety programs. Ensure product safety, regulatory compliance and quality of Food and Feed Ingredients Suppliers to LOL and LOL's Co-manufacturers.
Responsible for evaluating risk, as well as capability, and is the primary quality decision maker for approving ingredient supply for Land O'Lakes food and feed businesses. This is necessary to protect our plants, our customers, consumers, animals and ultimately our brands. Deals with Supplier Plant Management Teams, LOL Corporate Quality team, Sourcing/Purchasing leadership, species specialists and R&D.
Leads and manages the Food Safety & Regulatory risk of Ingredient suppliers across the Food and Feed businesses:
- Designs, Implements and Delivers food and feed ingredient programs to comply with LOL Quality Management System requirements and programs
- Develops suppliers by delivering proactive training and supplier programs development to drive supplier performance improvement
- Develops & Executes audits to ensure suppliers are meeting LOL requirements as well as manages audit corrective and preventive actions
- Leads and ensures compliance to regulatory requirements for supplier verification programs (i.e. SVP for Supply chain preventive controls)
- Designs, implements and delivers a system and risk-based approach to managing supplier producing locations
- Conducts and/or leads ingredient hazard analysis as needed
- Proactively manages significant and emerging Food Safety & Regulatory issues, elevating up the
- organization as appropriate.
- Manages 2nd party audit firms auditing on LOL behalf where appropriate
- Develops and maintains Supplier scorecards
Provide Proactive & Preventative Leadership to Food and Feed Ingredient Suppliers:
- Manages all aspects of the Food and Feed Ingredient Quality program
- Partners with Sourcing and purchasing to keep the approved vendor lists (source of truth) by manufacturing location current
- Reviews and provides input to Ingredient specifications
- Acts as the LOL champion for Food Safety, Regulatory and Product Quality with suppliers and on the Sourcing and R&D teams
- Drives innovative solutions to business challenges and opportunities
Leads, guides, directs and develops the assigned external business partner auditors/managers, and other support personnel:
Leverages talent within Quality department to develop skills for continued advancement of quality initiatives across Land O'Lakes.
Recruits on-boards, develops and leads top talent for both quality and cross functional success.
- Assists company owned plants and sourcing/purchasing in resolving issues.
- Monitors plant ingredient complaints and acts to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Leads supplier related quality improvement efforts from a Quality perspective.
- Bachelor’s in a technical field such as Food Science, Animal/Agricultural Science, Food Microbiology. MS is desirable.
- Minimum working experience of 10+ years in Quality with a focus in Supplier/Co-Manufacturing industry. Food or Animal Feed manufacturing quality experience is highly desired.
- 5+ years’ experience developing and leading teams.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems, FSMA regulations in food and animal food and GFSI standards.
- Experience in Quality auditing and assessing risks.
- Strong data-based and analytical problem-solving skills, including statistical analysis and root cause analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate with entire organization from hourly employees through executive leadership.
- Excellent leadership capabilities with strong influencing skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships cross functional at all levels.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel), Cloud based systems.
Travel: Must be able to travel minimum of 30%. This role may require up to 50% of the time with possible weekend travel and overnight stays. Must be flexible to participate in trips that arise with short notice.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.