Quality Assurance Supervisor
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You'll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
As Quality Supervisor, you will be able to work closely with all departments to identify, solve, and prevent issues affecting food safety and quality. You must have a Continuous Improvement mindset in terms of improving manufacturing quality programs and the quality culture. You will report to the Quality Manager and will have 4 Lab Techs and 1 Relief Lab Techs as your direct reports.
11 AM – 7 PM Monday - Friday
May require off-shift, weekend, or holiday hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of Quality Technicians
- Ensuring test results are timely, accurate, and meet all regulatory and internal specifications prior to finished product release.
- In conjunction with the production and quality manager, manage and disposition non-conforming product and equipment.
- Implement, maintain, and improve the Kiel internal GMP audit and CAPA programs
- React and respond to quality and food safety issues in production areas. Assist with investigation and incident resolution
- Coordinate, manage, and assist in collection of environmental monitoring swabs
- Act as Deputy HACCP team leader
- Assist with employee training and observations
- Manage Kosher and Halal certifications
- Support compliance for BRC
- Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved
- Assist in customer concern investigation and tracking
- As needed, act as back-up in the event of planned and unplanned Quality Manager absences
- Occasional, minimal travel required
Education, Knowledge, and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or related fields and 2+ years Quality experience in a food manufacturing environment OR High School and 4+ years of Quality experience in a food manufacturing experience
- Prior or current people leadership experience
- Experience in lab and quality program management
- Strong Microsoft Office, work processing, data entry skills, and statistical analysis skill required
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculation and analysis
- Able to conduct and interpret lab analysis
- Must possess strong leadership skills, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- PCQI and HACCP certifications preferred
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear, and reach with hands or arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 lbs. Works comfortably in variable temperature environment. Requires ability to travel occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in regular office conditions, hot or cold production areas, inside coolers or warehouse, and is subject to the exterior seasonal weather conditions.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.