Quality Assurance Manager
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You'll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager provides leadership and guidance in plant level Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with feed quality systems for Richmond, IN to protect our animals, our customers, and ultimately build our brands. Adherence to these quality systems ensures compliance to all regulatory requirements. Directs and facilitates the training and education of Richmond, IN manufacturing plant employees with respect to the quality and food safety expectations in the Land O' Lakes Quality Management System (QMS).
- Provide direction and staffing for the producer testing, in-process, finished product and laboratory operations.
- This individual will provide administrative and managerial responsibilities related to the QA function. This includes budgeting/capitalization of the department and providing career development counsel to direct reports and other QA professionals.
- Provide technical support to plant management regarding process/product improvements including key financial input.
- Develops and implements a plant manufacturing assessment process that accurately measures the execution of the Land O' Lakes QMS.
- Develop programs and monitoring systems with site sanitation team to effectively manage the sanitation practices within the plant.
- Responsible for outside service/vendor compliance of all Quality Policies,, GMP’s and food safety Standards.
- This individual will have a BS/BA degree in Food Science or related technical field with proven leadership skills and experience managing people including employee development.
- The individual should have minimum of five (5) years’ experience in quality assurance, operations and regulatory responsibilities.
- Experience will include the development and implementation of quality assurance programs.
- Proficient with the concepts of hazard analysis, risk assessments, and system/process applications.
- Knowledgeable in quality management techniques of root cause analysis, FME and preventative quality.
- Experience working in a 24/7 operations.
Hours: Day shift hours with minimum weekends.
- Excellent organizational, communications, interpersonal and team interaction skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and a self-starter
- Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies strongly desired.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.