Food Safety and Quality Assurance Team Leader
- HACCP Program Support: Maintains a thorough knowledge of quality systems including HACCP programs. Stays current with changing regulatory requirements, implements and communicates new processes and procedures to remain compliant. Signs off on Critical Control Point checks completed by the QA line worker as outlined in the HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Certifications: Is responsible for internal, third party or government inspections and audits. Manages all re-certification audits for the New Jersey production facility (SQF, HACCP, GMP).
- People Management: Supervises the QA team and provides direction, development, and regular coaching and support. Administers the Company’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures with respect to hiring, management, discipline, and performance decisions for staff. Oversees and verifies the activities of the QA Meat Inspector and QA Technician, ensuring all required documentation and inspection of the raw materials and finished products are complete and accurate.
- Investigations: Checks and investigates customer returns and complaints; follows up on possible reasons for complaint (temperature abuse, date expiry, over order, etc.). Performs micro analysis if required.
- Records and Reporting/Verification: Maintains corporate policies relating to Food Safety and Quality. Keeps accurate records for traceability. Regularly reports to suppliers with findings and documents corrective action.
- Communications: Ensures timely communication with Sales and Suppliers regarding changes in shipments or specifications verifying changes are noted as acceptable. Manages the hold and release program, and takes appropriate action when any product fails to meet required specifications.
- Training: Assists with creating, modifying and conducting relevant HACCP, Food Safety and GMP training for production plant employees to ensure HACCP policies are met and followed.
Key Success Measures
- There are zero non-compliance Food Safety and Quality Assurance issues in the Company.
- Product is received, processed, shipped and controlled according to specifications.
- New hires receive HACCP, GMP and Food Safety training to perform their duties.
- Training programs are updated and training records are maintained.
- Surveyed and measured customer feedback scores meet or exceed target around quality, service, integrity, and food safety.
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field.
5 years food safety team leader experience in the food (raw meat) processing industry, butchery knowledge and meat grinding QA experience an asset.
Product, processing, packaging and specification knowledge an asset.
In depth understanding of SQF and HACCP system. Able to navigate easily through FSIS USDA websites and SQF program to locate specific sections of the program pertaining to daily tasks.
Thorough knowledge of quality assurance principles, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) meat processing regulations and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and Food Safety Enhancement Program (FSEP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
Experience upholding all state regulations.
Organized self-starter with proven ability to manage and effectively follow up on multiple projects and assignments and meet all deadlines.
Excellent observational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
Able to collect, maintain, evaluate data, summarize and write reports, and recommend continuous improvement.
Good oral, written and communication skills; able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with production and office staff and external FDA Inspectors.
Proficient in computer software, such as inventory / traceability software, manufacturing software and Microsoft Office.
Strong teaching, coaching, mentoring skills, willingness to train others.
Team player with high integrity, values and a positive attitude.
Able to effectively handle the high stress, time and work demands that come with responsibility as FS and QA Team Leader for the Lamb Company.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.