Management level position that supervises the plant operation on second shift, with responsibility to manage cost, control quality and quantity of work and coordinate activities between departments. Supervise and coordinate the activities of all employees engaged in duties concerned with sanitation programs.
- Order and inventory all plant cleaning supplies and other items such as gaskets, bushes, 0-rings, seals and pump starts.
- Ensure that all cleaning and sanitation activies are performed correctly and that the desired results are acheived.
- Responsible for analyzing the biological monitoring procedures and their results.
- Utilize the results to determine the effectiveless of the procedures.
- React to noncompliant results and take proper action necessary to correct the situation.
- Responsible for managing the Master Sanitation Schedule to ensure that all items are completed properly and in the time required.
- Continually update the program to ensure all items that are required to be cleaned or maintained are addressed.
- Inspect sanitation operations daily to ensure that processes, schedules, quality and safety standards are maintained.
- Provide training and supervision to ensure all sanitation employees follow established cleaning sanitizing procedures, safe handling practices, proper chemical usage and chemical testing procedures.
- Perform and document daily, weekly and monthly inspections of all areas of the facility.
- Ensure that noncompliant items are scheduled to be completed and inspect completed items for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure all required documentation of cleaning activities such as recording charts and chemical concentration logs are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper operation of all equipment involved in cleaning and sanitizing activities; case washers, COP tanks, chemical pumps, CIP systems, valves, pumps, central sanitizing system, etc.
- Be involved in outside inspections involving regulatory 3rd party auditors, and chemical suppliers.
- Manage corrective actions on all items related to sanitation by ensuring items are corrected properly and on a timely basis.
- May supervise Working Forepersons, Machine Operators and plant labor.
- Anticipates and takes action to resolve plant issues related to employees, materials, machine efficiency, product scheduling, quality issues and other issues which may result in production and loadout delays.
- Facilitates teamwork throughout plant and supports team based participative management.
- Actively participate in all plant safety activities including safety training.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete reports and correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of GMP's and OSHA standards.
- Must be able to work weekends, and varying shifts (days, evenings, nights).
- Ability to accurately record data.
- Strong understanding and experience using Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to read chemical labels and follow safe handling procedures for food grade products.
- Analytical skills required.
- Experience in food processing and supervisory capacity preferred.
- To stand on your feet constantly during your shift and work in humid environment that fluctuates from warm to cold seasonally.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Position requires frequent lifting, reaching, climbing, pulling, stooping, bending, kneeling and use of ladders.
- Maintain constant mental focus and constantly be aware of surroundings.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.