Director of Food Safety & QA
The Director - Quality Assurance will develop and administer the Company wide Quality Maintenance Program, from acquisition of raw materials and supplies through and including final packaging and shipping of finished product.
What you’ll do:
- Administer customer quality specifications, including both development of them and assurance that they are continually being met.
- Design and monitor all necessary analytical tests and procedures to measure food safety and product quality.
- Establish Company and Departmental food safety and quality goals, and insure they are met.
- Advise Executive Management relating to policy in the area of food safety and quality and its administration.
- Serve as liaison with counterparts in Sales, Sales Service, Customer Service, Operations, Human Resources and Finance/Administration at the Corporate level.
- Represent the Quality Assurance department on the Corporate Management Committee.
- Serve on the Strategic Planning Committee, and oversee the accomplishment of Long Range/ Strategic Goals of the Company regarding food safety and quality.
- Review regularly the adequacy of Corporate and plant food safety and quality department facilities, personnel, and procedures and make recommendations as necessary.
- Establish and monitor sanitation standards and procedures.
- Serve as liaison with customers and suppliers, including direct visits and regular communication in coordination with Sales and Operations.
- Monitor outbound samples sent to customers for their approval.
- Assure the objectivity and independence of all food safety and quality department personnel Company wide at all times.
- Design, implement and improve the product lot grading system, and personally participate in Corporate quality cuttings.
- Regularly visit Company facilities for the purpose of auditing and recommending on the Company food safety and quality program.
- Coordinate all necessary communication with FDA, USDA, State Regulatory and other agencies and as necessary.
- Provide a system to assure compliance to the Safe Food Quality (SQF) code. Coordinate all necessary communication with the Certification Bodies.
- Develop systems to assure plant compliance to the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations including Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC), Food Defense Plans, Food Intentional Adulteration Mitigation strategies and Safe Transport of Foods.
- Assure strategy for the execution of Plant Environmental Monitoring Programs, Sanitation verification and testing plans and product testing.
- Provide support to the Plant Quality Managers on the development and management of their SQF and regulatory compliance programs, problem solving and trouble shooting, Food Safety Culture enhancement, and staff training.
- Supervise the activities of the Quality Technologists and Quality Technicians and be accountable for responsibilities delegated to them.
- Provide a strategy to support the implementation and commercialization processes of the New Product Development program.
- Provide recommendations for process improvement through improved data collection and analysis.
What you’ll bring:
- Four year college degree, Food Science or related field, preferred.
- Progressively more responsible technical management, five years minimum preferred.
- Understanding of and commitment to quality
- People-oriented management
- Company loyalty
- Cost consciousness
- Community service
Teamwork at Lakeside (TAL):
All employees of Lakeside Foods are committed to continuous improvement and serving our Lakeside customers. As part of our team, you’ll work individually and with your department to live Lakeside’s Standards of Conduct. You’ll clearly and visibly demonstrate teamwork, cooperation and respect for others in all business interactions. We promise our employees a culture that values mutual respect and different points of view and leaders who develop and execute clear, aligned action plans. We enjoy being creative, productive and working together.
Lakeside Foods welcomes people of all backgrounds and the varied ideas they bring to the workplace. Being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer is part of our heritage and culture. We recruit, hire and promote employees based on qualifications and merit, without regard to race, religion, age, gender, disability, marital or veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.