Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Prime Shrimp is a young, rapidly-growing company using innovative technology to produce premium-quality, individually quick-frozen (IQF) shrimp. Our state-of-the-art processing facility is located in the greater New Orleans area.
Reporting to the general manager, the food safety and quality assurance (FSQA) manager directs programs designed to ensure the production of safe, premium-quality shrimp in a sanitary environment. Additionally, the FQSA manager is responsible for ensuring adherence to government regulations, third-party certification requirements, and internal/customer specifications, including audit facilitation and documentation.
The FSQA manager directly manages a team of quality assurance technicians and sanitation workers as well as a data analyst. Meeting business objectives in our fast-paced, dynamic work environment requires deep collaboration with the production team and other functional leaders.
Laitram, L.L.C, a global company, offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. We offer opportunities for continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website.
- Establishing, auditing, revising, and executing good manufacturing practices (GMPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), pest management plans, environmental monitoring plans, food safety plans, and food defense plans
- Overseeing plant sanitation programs, including sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOPs) and the master sanitation schedule
- Managing traceability and recall processes
- Training new team members regarding food safety and quality systems
- Partnering with the sourcing team to monitor supplier quality assurance and compliance
- Overseeing the quality assurance hold/release program
- Managing the document control program
- Overseeing third-party labs for microbiological, nutritional, and related testing with an opportunity to develop an in-house lab as we continue to grow
- Defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing meaningful insights, and providing practical recommendations
- Distilling data into meaningful metrics, including product specifications
- Driving research and development efforts pertaining to product quality
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints pertaining to product quality
- Demonstrating and emphasizing a mindset of continuous improvement and operational excellence
- College and/or graduate degree in food science or other relevant subject area (or comparable professional experience)
- 3+ years of food processing experience, with seafood industry knowledge a plus
- 3+ years in quality assurance programming, with lab experience a plus
- 3+ years management experience
- Microsoft Office fluency
- Detail orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Seafood hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) certification
- Preventive controls qualified individual (PCQI) certification
- Safe quality food (SQF) practitioner
- Experience with best aquaculture practices (BAP) certification administration
- Knowledge of food processing quality and safety regulations
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.