Quality Assurance/Lab Supervisor
There is an opening for a Quality Assurance/Lab Supervisor at K&N's Foods USA, LLC, (poultry manufacturing plant), in Fulton NY.
This position will oversee and assist in the management of HACCP/SSOP and food safety programs to assure regulatory compliance. Work with plant personnel to ensure that relevant processes are conducted according to quality and safety standards/regulations.
- This position is responsible for food safety, food quality and legality.
- Supervise hourly employees' performance related to quality, process checks, raw material/finished product analysis, lab records, microbiological tests, manages schedules, training, and time approval.
- Assist QA Manager in managing and coordinating quality control programs to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards.
- Organize and implement continuous improvement and cost containment projects
- Develop and implement SOP's and SSOP's for the plant, as well as procedures relating to regulatory and quality program (HACCP, SQF, GMP's, etc.) compliance; including developing training programs.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in leading lean initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Experience in meeting and exceeding goals - specifically in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and employee development.
- Highly energetic individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in raw material inspection, microbiology and chemical lab is preferred.
- Computer experience working with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Candidates certified in SQF, Food Safety, and/or HACCP preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.