We are looking for an experienced food technologist to join our team at KitchenTown! This position supports our Director of Product Innovation and is a key member to our growing team. Our Product Innovation Lab works directly with a variety of food startups, entrepreneurs, and corporations to develop new products in the food and beverage space. This person should be able to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and leadership skills while being able to work in a fast paced environment. Ideally this person has a passion for food, innovation and desire to help build the future of food.
- Formulation of new products from benchtop to production scale for multiple product categories
- New ingredient sourcing, evaluation, costing, qualification and specification
- Sensory testing: create design and conduct testing
- Ability to scale up and attend plant trials at co-packers as needed
- Conduct shelf life assessments for products
- Provide technical expertise and consultation for clients as needed
- Manage briefs and champion required actions to meet project objectives
- Autonomously plan and execute day to day project and lab activities
- Lead, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Maintain knowledge of client’s needs, strategies and products
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in food product development
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise a moderate level of judgment in project execution.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Passion for creating new and exciting products
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and timelines.
- Creative problem solver and team player
- Self-starter that is naturally curious and enjoys working in a fast-paced innovation-centric environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Genesis a plus
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.