JOB FILLED - Food Safety Manager
King’s Food Products, a food manufacturing company in Belleville, IL, is seeking a Food Safety Manager to develop, implement and maintain the company’s Food Safety and Quality Program.
- Develop professional relationships with plant leadership teams, suppliers, regulators and auditors to ensure quality and product safety policies are implemented.
- Provide leadership developing and directing Food Safety and Quality improvement initiatives of the company’s products and processes.
- Oversee customer complaint procedures and resolution.
- Conduct verification and validation activities as set forth in the Food Safety Plan.
- Perform periodic Food Safety and GMP related training.
- Schedule and conduct annual food safety audits and ensure corrective actions and preventive measures are implemented.
- Interact with FDA on regulatory issues affecting the company.
- Maintain the accuracy and regulatory compliance of product specifications and labeling.
- Have or obtain PCQI Certification.
- Have a working knowledge of the components of a Food Safety Plan, including HARPC, GMP, SSOP’s, and others as recommended by FSMA or GFSI guidelines.
- Experience and a college degree in food science or biological sciences is needed to execute the above described duties.
- A basic knowledge and previous experience in the oversight of Food Safety procedures such as those recommended by FSMA and GFSI is strongly desired.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.