JOB FILLED - Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
KH International is a leader in the sourcing, transportation, and sales of exceptional quality fruit and food products throughout the world. Established in 1992, KHI has built a global sourcing business of frozen and fresh fruits, frozen vegetables, and grains. KHI exclusively sources from manufacturers that meet stringent food safety and quality standards while maintaining competitive market pricing for its clients worldwide. KHI is based in Atlanta with additional offices in Oregon and Chile.
KHI is seeking a hands-on Quality Assurance Manager to contribute to our success by working with our QA team to further develop, implement and improve our current food safety and regulatory programs.
- Facilitate and lead communication and coordination between QA team with internal and external departments
- Assist and manage Foreign Supplier Verification Program and Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Program
- Perform Supplier Risk Analysis and review Food Safety documents for existing and potential suppliers
- Audit foreign manufacturing facilities and perform verification activities
- Resolve food safety and/or quality control issues by working closely with foreign suppliers and internal departments
- Review and approve 3rd party lab testing results and Certificates of Analysis against customer specifications
- Create, update, and review product specifications as needed
- Stays up to date and builds expertise in product regulations, product safety best practices, and industry best practices while providing potential solutions to the leadership team
- Supervises a team and leverages knowledge to train more junior professionals in regulatory standards and QA processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in related role within food industry; 2-3 years in a leadership role
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Experience with GFSI audit schemes, as well as social audits
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP, FSMA ruling and FSVP mandate; PCQI
- Knowledge and understanding of food microbiology and food manufacturing; experience in a prior manufacturing setting preferred
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well within a team and independently
- Knowledge of FDA labeling and nutritional regulations
- Experience with Product Recall, Import Alerts, and other Regulatory issues
- Ability to influence internal and external customers
- Ability to lead small teams and manage processes and progress
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) domestically and internationally
- Proficiency in MS Office
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.