Plant Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager
Join us as the Plant Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager, it’s more than just a job title. It’s the heart of what we do. You will manage Food Safety and Quality for the plant here in Battle Creek. We drive for results by ensuring the delivery of required standards of quality and food safety, according to Kellogg policies, procedures, and practices. You will be directly involved with the manufacturing team, the plant quality department, plant leadership and plant employees. With your owner’s mindset in Quality & Food Safety, we will be able to work together to ensure the best actions with the best results.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Quality Leader – You will be leading quality, food safety, and sanitation programs for some of our well-loved brands. You will ensure that the Business Unit meets all required quality & food safety laws, regulations, and corporate policies. You will have a focus on continuous improvement and drive a high degree of operational management and execution for all our products.
- Plant Partnerships – You will partner closely with corporate and the other Business Unit QFS Managers for program implementations and best practices. Just as important is your collaboration with the Business Unit leadership team and other plant employees by ensuring compliance and identifying quality & food safety risks.
- People Management – You will leading a team of leaders and associates that will have responsibilities around quality, food safety, and sanitation in a 24/7 operation. We want you to use your people leadership and influential skills to develop, inspire, and energize your team towards a high standard of performance and self-accountability.
- Audits – You’ll take particular care in maintaining high standards, internally and externally. You will be participating, as well as leading, the coordination, preparation, and corrective action management for yearly internal and third party audits.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology, or other relevant degree and substantial experience in quality & food safety.
- HACCP certification
- Technical knowledge of quality & food safety
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Computer software skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- SQF Practitioner Certification
- PCQI Certification
- Food processing and packaging knowledge
- Quality & Food Safety leadership experience
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.