Quality Control and Food Safety Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and compliance to the company's, governmental and customer quality assurance, regulatory, and food safety program
- Product and environmental test programs, regulatory compliance, HACCP and BRC system maintenance, pest control, sanitation, team development and QA budget control
- Ensure HACCP systems requirements are being met on a continuous basis
- Develop, implement and maintain QA programs to operate a federally licensed establishment
- Work with Plant Operations, Product Management, Product Development teams on new product launches to ensure new products meet specs.
- Routine employee training on quality, regulatory, and food safety principles and policies
- Ensure raw meats, manufacturing processes, plant environments and finished products meet established formulations and specs
- Implement and maintain regular sanitation and QA audits
- Primary and lead contact for the Food Safety committee, outside pest control, sanitation contractors, and sanitation chemical suppliers
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establishes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Additional related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Food Science or related field
- Masters/MBA in Food Science preferred
- 10+ years experience in food manufacturing plant operations and processes or food research and development
- Audit experience
- Solid understanding of strong manufacturing practices and HACCP principles
- Working knowledge of USDA, FDA and other State or Federal regulatory requirements
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with senior leadership and the supplier, industry and regulatory communities
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills to interpret data and report on audit results
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.