Quality Assurance Lab Technician
Love dogs? Crazy about cats? We are looking for an energetic, detail-orientated, problem solving Quality Assurance Lab Technician. The Quality Assurance Department is seeking a person with strong communication, time-management, and organizational skills. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager as a key player in a professional team. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will ensure all regulations are being followed through audits, hourly routine checks, and effective communication to the Quality Assurance team.
- Assist employees to maintain and adhere to processes necessary to comply with all food safety requirements, and adherence to GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Reviews and monitors JFFD Commissary production, packaging, sanitation, pest control and warehouse records for compliance
- Verify and ensures labels, packaging and finished products meet company and regulatory requirements.
- Carries out routine Critical Control Point and Critical Quality Point
- Coordinates equipment sanitation and swab testing on production equipment
- Ensures compliance with established procedures for food production of hold and test samples
- Audits and assures employee compliance to GMP guidelines
- Establish corrective actions and conducts follow-ups to ensure correct actions are implemented
- Support development and implementation of internal company wide document control management system for all regulatory for food safety and quality programs
- Implements JFFD quality standards for health and safety
- Acts as catalyst for improvement of performance and quality
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Business Administration, or similar field, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Must be flexible with schedule
- Preferred: Food safety, regulatory and/or document control experience in HACCP
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
Who We Are
Join us in the movement to ensure longer and healthier lives for dogs and cats. JustFoodForDogs is breaking new ground in the world of pet food! Vet-developed and recommended, we started cooking our whole food; human-grade, nutritionally balanced meals in Newport Beach in 2010 and we now have 13 locations in LA, Orange County and San Diego with continuing growth plans. We offer best in class benefits, health, dental, vision, 401k, Pet Insurance and Employee Discounts on our food and supplements. Learn more about what we do at www.justfoodfordogs.com.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.