JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Johanna Foods is a state-of-the-art food manufacturer located in Flemington, New Jersey. Privately operated since 1995, Johanna Foods is now one of the country's largest producers and distributors of fruit juices, drinks and yogurt. Our products include the popular La Yogurt and Sabor Latino yogurt, Tree Ripe juices, Earth Wise juice beverages, Ssips and Sabor Latino drinks and nectars, and Ssips aseptic drink boxes, all using cutting-edge technologies and only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Johanna Foods is also a leading private label and co-pack juice and yogurt producer, manufacturing products for numerous leading retailers and brands.
What we offer:
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting and testing ingredients, raw materials, packaging supplies, products and finished goods, as they proceed through stages of the manufacturing process, applying knowledge of Company and regulatory quality assurance standards and procedures. Reviews quality and SQF instructions, product specifications and production schedules to determine methods of conducting inspections and tests, sequence of operations, SQF compliance standards, applications, and work assignments.
- Supervises and coordinates QA inspection activities.
- Review QA inspection and monitoring records and verify completion and accuracy.
- Communicate with other departments to solve quality issues.
- Assist in investigating customer/consumer complaints.
- Assist in developing QA procedures and forms.
- Assist in conducting plant audits.
- Assist in QA Training Programs.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with JFI SQF quality policies, standards, and procedures.
- Develops and recommends test procedures for products and raw materials and maintains test equipment.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Train employees in SOPs and ensure training effectiveness in application of job skills.
- Participates in other plant teams and programs, such as HAACP Team, SQF Teams, and others as assigned.
- Directs and advises personnel in special test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of product materials.
- Maintains time and testing records.
- Supervises the lab technicians and quality inspectors in the plant.
- Prepares test solutions, compounds, and requests for use of laboratory personnel in conducting tests.
- Test and analyzes sample products, adjusting formulas and processes based on results.
- Serves as Alternate to QA Manager, Yogurt to ensure effective coverage of the Safe Quality Food responsibilities pertaining to that position
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Management, or other closely related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience preferably in a perishable food manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work varied shifts, including weekends.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.