Live Production QA Tech, 1st Shift
- Responsible for day-to-day quality assurance sample collection and submission to include (but not limited to) all sampling required for company salmonella prevention and control programs
- Responsible for assisting in completion of monthly farm and hatchery environmental audits as scheduled
- Responsible for assisting in QA ad-hoc projects as scheduled as well as providing support for Staff Veterinarian ad-hoc projects
- Maintain accurate collection and record keeping of all sample information, audit results and other ad-hoc project information
- Assist in acquiring supplies to assemble necessary sampling kits
- Assist in assembly of sampling kits
- Responsible for assisting Live Production veterinary staff when possible
- Collection, handling, submission and transportation of Companys environmental samples for salmonella reduction and control programs. This will include use of sterile methods for sample collection as well as good biosecurity following all Company programs and procedures. Samples are to be completed and handled following set schedules and transported in an expedient manner.
- Objectively complete any assigned barn or facility environmental audits in a timely manner and submit to their direct supervisor within 24hrs of audit completion.
- Able to work alone, frequently. Must be a self-starter.
- Able to work 5-7 days per week, with varied hours per day, as scheduled.
- Able to work both inside and outside in varying conditions.
- Support veterinary staff/Live production in various projects, including but not limited to sample collection.
- Can not own or raise any type of fowl (turkeys, chickens, geese, pheasants, parrots, parakeets, etc). Must be able to meet all Live Production sanitations and biosecurity requirements
- Must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat lift, carry and reach, while handling turkeys, feed, and litter and turkey equipment in a weight range of 1- to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in dust environment with ammonia present, in all weather conditions, while using approved respiratory protection. Facial hair must not compromise respirator mask-to-face seal (no beards).
- Must have good previous attendance record from previous position(s).
- Must be able to work scheduled weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to independently travel to remote farm locations and to use good judgment for travel during inclement weather.
- Must be detail orientated and organized.
Excellent pay and benefit package including health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, vacation, holidays, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan with 401K match, continuing education, and much more.
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.