Food Safety Quality Specialist
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We're not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It's in our DNA. We've turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world's largest meat snack business, that's still proudly family owned and operated.
We're a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link's Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snacking Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
As a Food Safety Quality Specialist you will formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives. Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures. Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams. Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within company. Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
Manage multiple scientific, regulatory and communication projects.
Product Lifecycle Management Project
- Aid in the development and maintenance of PLM
- Develop process flows, and training aids
- Be willing to conduct training to onboard new people into the system
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams in JL to ensure information is entered accurately
- Product Specifications
- Oversee the collection, documentation of data in relation to product specifications
- Communicate and resolve data and information discrepancies within specifications
- Work with team members from Food Quality and Safety, Research and Development, IT, and Operations to develop and execute procedures and workflows around specification management.
Raw Material Specifications
- Ensure raw material specifications comply to Jack Link’s requirements and procedures
- Be aware of and assess changes to a suppliers and raw materials
- Work with team members from Food Quality and Safety, Research and Development, Supply Chain, and Operations to develop and execute procedures and workflows around raw material document management.
- Maintain Supplier documents through utilizing the supplier portal in PLM
- Maintain active suppliers in SAP ZEST list
Food Safety Culture and Training Project Lead
- Design a program that develops a food safety mindset across the organization.
- Create metrics and survey to monitor progress and determine baseline.
- Develop and execute multiple Food Safety-focused training sessions to mitigate incidences and improve food safety culture.
Food Safe Pro Project Team Member
- Contributing to overall project objectives
- Completing individual deliverables providing expertise and support with users to establish and meet business needs
Foss Laboratory Equipment:
- Routine validation of active calibrations and develop calibrations for new products
- Monitor ongoing instrument performance and maintenance,
- Troubleshoot issues with the instruments, calibrations, and be key contact for team members.,
- Conduct training at all domestic facilities as needed, and ensure training material guides for international locations remain up to date,
- Manage ongoing process and procedure for new products
May take on other projects as assigned in support of Jack Link’s Food Safety and Quality
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Bachelor degree in Food Science or equivalent area of study
Required Experience: 2+ years of Food Safety Quality experience
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
Proven thorough understanding of FSQ concepts and processes.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and employees
Must demonstrate effective leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills.
Proficient in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.