Food Safety and Quality Manager
- Build strong relationships with the operations team to ensure good manufacturing practices along with company SOP’s & SSOP’s are always
- Implement plant-wide informational training sessions, as necessary, to educate and update all employees on Food Safety and Quality issues
- Complete SSOP, HACCP and GFSI (SQF and/or BRC) program development including, training, implementation, maintenance, corrective actions, record keeping, and verification.
- Conduct a mock recall bi-annually to verify the effectiveness and accuracy of data gathering and record keeping functions.
- Assure all state, local, and federal Food Safety regulatory issues are adhered to, and implement changes.
- Function as the liaison between the plant and the USDA.
- Work closely with R&D, sales and marketing to generate a complete understanding of all factors involved in a project.
- Assure proper product labeling & packaging, and obtains required regulatory approvals.
- Bachelor of Science degree with 4 years industry or similar experience in meat processing, food processing, or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in Management & Quality Systems, Meat Processing and Formulating, Research & Development, and Microbiology are necessary to perform the duties of this position.
- Experience with HACCP required
- Experience with SQF (or other GFSI such as BRC is acceptable)
- PCQI/FDA highly desirable
- Leadership over a team of quality assurance techs, lab techs and HACCP coordinator(s)
- Independently manage and organize individual projects and work as part of a team.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.