Quality Assurance Coordinator
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Quality Assurance Coordinator located in Port Neches, TX. The Quality Assurance Coordinator will plan, coordinate, and direct the quality system to ensure continuous improvement of products and processes to monitor the quality system measurable metrics and report status to senior management. The QAC will ensure that processes needed for quality management are established, implemented and maintained through internal and external audits.
What will be expected from you?
- Responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System and maintaining certifications for the current versions of ISO and GMP
- Develops and maintains quality assurance objectives in support of company policies and goals
- Leads annual ISO Audit and work with audit team during annual audit; responsible for ensuring responses and actions are completed on all audit findings
- Works closely with Business Teams to schedule and lead customer visits and audits
- Communicates internally and with customers on complaints and investigations
- Prepares and distributes reports on customer complaints, investigations and other quality KPIs
- Leads Annual Management Review
- Audits and tracks supplier quality performance; coordinates Non-Conforming Process for suppliers and internal issues
- Performs training of employees with respect to Quality System, SPC and various QA standards.
- Responsible for internal quality audit program and ensure audits are completed according to schedule, auditors are trained and corrective actions are tracked and completed
- Responsible for the Production Evolution/Specification process including Product Evolution Database, Purchased and Shipping specification approval process and data bases and Waiver process and data bases
- Serves as the Food Facility Safety Officer
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to work extra hours as needed
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or another closely related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing within the Quality Control/Quality Assurance environment
- Strong understanding of ISO and GMP concepts and requirements
- ISO Certification experience required
- GMP experience preferred
- Knowledge of food/HACCP regulatory standards preferred
- HCAAP and Lead Auditor certifications are desirable
- MUST possess or be able to obtain TWIC card, for information please visit https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of safety awareness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and is able to communicate effectively through all levels of the organization
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft programs
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 11,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.