Quality Assurance Supervisor
Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
HP Hood’s culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discount programs, 401k matches tuition reimbursement, ongoing development, advancement opportunities and more. This position is also eligible for a bonus program.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for training, developing, and coaching employee’s to meet goals and objectives. The Quality Supervisor completes these functions in the support HP Hood’s operations and the manufacture of dairy and dairy related products.
- Provide leadership necessary for achieving plant and corporate goals in the area of Production, Safety, Quality, Employee Relations, Performance, and Cost for their assigned shift.
- Responsible for the successful attainment of quality objectives, execution of policies, and most effective utilization of available resources on their assigned shift.
- Supports employees by coaching, mentoring and assisting in resolving quality concerns to increase productivity, job capabilities, and equipment capabilities.
- Responsible for leading a culture of continuous improvement in all areas while balancing quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results.
- Responsible for the enforcement of GMP’s and ensures strict adherence to Corporate and/or Plant Policies, rules, and regulations on their assigned shift and administers coaching and corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for validating the proper training and development of employees and ensuring that they comply with all SOP’s on their assigned shift.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing, safety, and working conditions on their assigned shift.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems and initiating action and for supporting SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality by managing job tasks and ensuring work areas are sanitary and that biosecurity measures are administered on their assigned shift.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment including but not limited to maintaining the open door program and resolving simple to moderate workplace concerns.
- Ensures effective communication between shifts and other departments.
- Interviews and hires for assigned areas of responsibility and provides employee coaching, corrective action, development plans and resolves employee issues.
- Responsible for employee scheduling on their assigned shift and ensures that proper labor scheduling is utilized to meet budgeted and forecasted objectives.
- Ensure safety compliance and accident investigations are conducted and retrains are issued in timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree from four year College/University.
- 3 –5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year of Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility, preferably dairy operations.
- Strong background within Microbiology preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.