Quality and Process Control Supervisor
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 11th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — focusing on its legacy of innovation. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/ .
Job Purpose: Supports management in the implementation of food safety and food quality processes and procedures. Trains and manages 4-6 quality auditors.
- Lead, direct and train employees to achieve quality standards
- Manage product quality
- Creates and maintains an engaged and team oriented work force to improve business results
- Consults with management, providing leadership on quality and food safety in the manufacturing facility
- Oversees sanitation procedures and food safety
- This position is very hands-on – Quality Control Supervisors are usually in the production area “on their feet” about 60% of the shift.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration (or a related field), Science, Agricultural Business, Industrial Management, Industrial Technology, Math related field with a 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a similar role
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be comfortable with the preparation and consumption of a variety of Hormel Foods Products, which may include but not limited to, pork, beef, chicken and peanuts.
- Must be open to relocation
- Typical starting locations include Austin, Minnesota; Osceola, Iowa; Rochelle, Illinois. Additional locations include facilities in Wisconsin, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, and Georgia.
- Location is based on business needs at the time an offer is made
Training is hands-on and consists of supervisory training and courses in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Total Quality Control (TQC), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- The Quality and Process Control career path may include advancing to a higher-level quality management positions at your current location, another facility, subsidiary location, or the Corporate Office
- Hormel Foods’ “promote-from-within” philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive base salaries plus yearly bonuses, an annual merit increase performance review, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.