Quality Compliance Team Leader
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Location: Topeka, Kansas, United States
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country# 72690
The Compliance Team Leader is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the manufacturing site’s quality systems and regulatory compliance:
Regulatory Compliance: Understands and influences the implementation of all plant, company and government standards for Food Safety, HACCP, GMP’s and FSMA initiatives.
Documentation / Communication: Lead, implement, monitor and control the Document Control programs that assure all documents related to the product quality meet the requirement of the 26 Global Quality Standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food Safety / Preventative Controls Program, Pre-requisite Programs, and FSMA requirements.
Standardization and Training: Delivers Hill’s quality training of SOP’s and Quality Standards to the site and ensures proper implementation to the plant personnel. Ensure the Validation Program, Calibration Program, and associated protocols are in compliance with regulatory requirements and are followed. Monitor and report Customer Complaint trends and history. Ensures all complaints are fully investigated and documented.
Continuous Improvement: Lead the continuous improvement of the site in creating and maintaining an Internal Audit Program, Management of Change, Corrective & Preventive Action, and Non-conformance program to improve Food Safety and cGMP compliance at the site.
Product Release: Supervise product release process to ensure all documents related to production are reviewed for all finished product release criteria, HACCP and cGMP compliance prior to release.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Ensure site adheres to Hill’s / Colgate Quality Standards and Hill’s Food Safety Program. Includes implementing and maintaining a documentation system with metrics in compliance with cGMP’s / FSMA requirements.
- Ensure proper execution of Product Release program to meet Standards.
- Investigates and manages customer complaint issues and drives continuous improvement at site level.
- Responsible for creation and management of plant quality Internal Audit programs which also consists of KPI communication & Forward Action Plan tracking.
- Facilitates follow up and closing verification in compliance with Quality Standards and applicable regulations of all Internal and external audit findings and CAPA program.
- Responsible for managing the execution of the CAPA / Non-conformances programs to meet the expectations of the standards.
- Responsible for internal MOC processes and ensure calibration program is executed on a timely manner.
- Updates Regulatory documentation to support compliance for site portfolio.
- Ensure site conducts proper validation testing and documentation to any process changes impacting Hill’s products and processes.
- Direct & schedule work, conduct performance appraisals, conduct training and manage work performance of non-exempt / non-supervisory Quality personnel.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
Expected Areas of Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective communication
- Knowledge of Auditing
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize computer applications, i.e. windows, SAP
- Demonstrates the ability to influence change within the organization
What you need for this position:
- BS degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology, Food Science or other related technical fields
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in a Food or Drug / GMP environment
- 3+ years in Quality related field
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of FDA regulations
- Experience in managing regulatory inspections
It’s an advantage to have:
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety, FSMA, Statistical Process Controls
- Extensive knowledge of Colgate Quality standards and Systems
- Certification in HACCP or Food Defense
- Certified Auditor
- SAP experience
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.